The Session of Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church is suspending all in person church gatherings and worship through May, 2021. We are re-evaluating at this time and Sunday Worship will continue to be held via Zoom.
Sunday worship will take place via Zoom meeting at 10:30 a.m. and a link will be sent via the church email list. To be added to the list please contact us: email@example.com before 9:30 Sunday morning.
Follow this link to view the worship plans for Sunday, April 11, 2021
Join the Adult Education group in reading and discussing Caste: The origins of our discontent by Isabel Wilkerson from April 11 to May 23. This book shows how America has been shaped by a hidden caste system, a rigid hierarchy of human rankings. Beyond race, class, or other factors, a powerful system influences people’s lives and behaviors and the nation’s fate. The author also points forward to ways America can move beyond the artificial separations of human divisions toward hope in our common humanity. The group will explore Wilkerson’s book from 9:15 to 10:20 each Sunday morning via Zoom. A link will be sent 1-2 days before each class. contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the zoom link.
- April 11: Man in the crowd, Chapters 1-4 (pp. xv-53)
- April 18: Chapter 5-9 and Pillars 1-2 (pp. 54-108)
- April 25: Pillars 3-8 (pp. 109-166)
- May 2: Chapters 10-14 (pp. 167-223)
- May 9: Chapters 15-20 (pp. 224-278)
- May 16: Chapters 21-26 (pp. 279-332)
- May 23: Chapters 27-31 and Epilogue (pp. 333-388)