Sundays are lively at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church. If you walked in the door minutes before Sunday services, you would see groups of people smiling and catching up with each other about the week. A greeter would hand you your trusty bulletin, and you would take your seat for a service where the congregation shares encouragement, tears and wisdom, all to the tune of joyful music and the chatter of its young members.
A Typical Service
Weekly services usually last about an hour and are led by Pastor Jamie and a Worship Leader, who is a member of the congregation. Children are welcome to join us for service, or take advantage of our child care. Worship often includes the following:
- A Call to Worship, offered by the Worship Leader
- Music for meditation and hymns
- Children’s Message
- Scripture Readings
- Offering of Our Gifts
- Music or Choir Performance
- Time to announce prayers of joy or concern
- Holy Communion (typically the first Sunday of the month) All are welcome at the Lord’s Table and we offer a gluten free option for communion.
We also offer special services for significant events on the church calendar. These services are often accompanied by rich traditions.